You will need After Effects CS4 and Photoshop CS4 to get this to work.
In the past there were no way you can import 3D inside After Effects, but with the introduction of Adobe CS4, you can import 3D objects inside Photoshop, then export it as .PSD and import the .PSD file with the 3D object into After Effects.
How to import .PSD file containing 3D object into After Effects:
:: Contents ::
Photoshop CS4 Tutorial 3D
3D Import & Export
More Photoshop CS4 3D Tutorials»
1. Go to file import, select the .PSD file containing the 3D object.
2. Make sure “Live Photoshop 3D” is check and click OK.
3. Double click on the .PSD file with the 3D object inside After Effects and now you have a 3D object in After Effects.
4. Click on the Camera tool to view different angles of the 3D model.
You can now add different effects to the 3D object.
Creating 3D Objects
- How to create 3D postcard inside Photoshop CS4
- Creating 3D objects from illumination light in Photoshop CS4
- Creating 3D Vanishing Point on a 2D image in Photoshop CS4
- Creating primitive 3D shapes with Photoshop CS4
- How to merge two or more 3D objects into one 3D layer
Transforming, Moving, Scaling & Resizing 3D Objects
- Transforming 3D objects with Photoshop CS4
- How to Cross Section a 3D object with Photoshop CS4
- How to use Ground Plane with Photoshop CS4
Painting 3D Objects
- How to use Paint Mask with Photoshop CS4
- How to use the Clone Tool on a 3D object in Photoshop CS4
- Painting directly onto the texture map in Photoshop CS4
- Where is PatternMaker in Photoshop CS4+?
- Painting Bump Texture Map in Photoshop CS4
- Glossiness Texture Map in Photoshop CS4
- How to Paint Shininess Texture Map in Photoshop CS4
- How to Paint Opacity Texture Map in Photoshop CS4
- How to Paint Self-illumination Texture Map in Photoshop CS4
- Normal Texture Map in Photoshop CS4
- Loading external texture map in Photoshop CS4
- Basic Photoshop CS4 animation tutorial
- CS4 Cross Section animation tutorial
- Exporting 3D animations with Photoshop CS4